C++ Developer at Bianor
Bianor is a recognized authority in video solutions and is dedicated to helping businesses take full advantage of technology. For about 20 years we have been designing and developing unique software solutions for the leading technology, media and telecommunication companies. Bianor employs highly skilled staff in its New York and Sofia offices. The company is NATO AQAP 2110 & 2210 and ISO 9001:2015 certified and has twice been awarded the Innovative Enterprise of the Year Award and the LISA Top Product Award, among other industry recognitions.
About The Role – C++ Developer
Our teams in Sofia design and implement software solutions for a big broadcast satellite service provider in the USA. We are now hiring for a team which develops one of their core systems, used by millions of customers – the set-top box software stack.
The Software Stack
- C/C++11 core layer, which communicates forth and back with Java 1.8 middleware running on a proprietary embedded Java VM.
- Linux device drivers for driving proprietary hardware modules.
- Stripped-down Linux OS to keep all things together.
- Buildroot with Ant and Make/CMake build systems to build and deploy for multiple hardware architectures.
- Linux shell scripts to facilitate integration.
In your daily work, you will:
- Participate in the smooth integration of the embedded Java VM with native C/C++ libraries as well as the existing Java code base.
- Analyze regressions found by automated tests and crash logs.
- Troubleshoot issues like memory corruption, memory leaks and performance degradation in Core Java and C/C++ software modules.
- Write code snippets which demonstrate defects in the proprietary Java VM in order to support the bugfixing process.
- Communicate with US stakeholders.
What We Are Looking For
You would feel at the right place with us if you have:
- Experience with C/C++.
- Experience with Core Java, or willing to learn and work with the language.
- Experience with the GNU toolchain.
- Debugging and troubleshooting skills, knowledge of various instrumentation tools.
- Experience with GNU/Linux OS on user level and some scripting skills.
- Knowledge on the most popular design patterns used in enterprise-grade projects.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
The Attitude We Like
- Team oriented.
- Able to work independently with attention to details.
- Willing to get the challenge of owning a complex software solution.
- Intellectually curious and lifelong learner.
- Ready to share a joke and a good laugh 🙂