We offer a unique professional opportunity for an experienced Java developer to join our team working on defense industry projects. Bianor Services is among the very few software development companies in Bulgaria engaged in the European Defense Industrial Development Programme (EDIDP) and the European Defense Fund (EDF). We work hand in hand with global industry leaders such as Indra, Leonardo, Rheinmetall, and Thales.
Currently, we are undertaking a few new challenging projects:
The European Strategic Command and Control System (ESC2) and the Comprehensive Underwater Intervention Information System (CUIIS) projects;
Frugal Learning for Rapid Adaptation of AI system (FaRADAI);
Improving Cyber Defense and Incident Management with Artificial Intelligence (EU-GUARDIAN).
ABOUT THE ROLE – SENIOR JAVA DEVELOPER DEFENSE PROJECTS
You will be involved in most of the project’s phases, starting with the requirements analysis, detailed design, development phase, testing, integration, reporting, etc.
For this job, you must convince us that you have expertise in sophisticated systems, preferably involving Data processing and communications SW protocols. You will also need to demonstrate a high level of professional ownership, allowing you to fulfill sophisticated tasks without supervision.
In your daily work you will:
- Understand the business requirements and convert them into a solution design;
- Develop software functionalities based on the given requirements;
- Work in a structured environment, including reporting, escalating issues, etc.;
- Working closely with high-end developers from different companies and end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction will be a daily routine;
- Have affinity and willingness to work in a document-intense environment. Work with documents and standards such as:
- ISO_IEC_IEEE 29148-2011 Systems and software engineering – Life cycle processes;
- MIL-STD-498 Software Development and Documentation;
- Requirements engineering;
- NATO standards.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR
You would feel in the right place with us if you:
- At least 5 years of professional experience as a Software Developer with Java, preferably but not limited to the defense industry;
- Higher degree in Computer science, Engineering, or other relevant;
- Previous professional experience with Java;
- Experience with MS Office;
- Desire to work at a higher level when defining requirements and architecture according to industry standards;
- Desire to learn something entirely different for the Bulgarian market and build not previously known solutions from scratch;
- Desire to participate in projects lasting longer (2-3 years);
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with abilities to cooperate with various people;
- Fluent in English (verbal and written).
We consider as an advantage:
- Previous experience with .Net, C/C++;
- Understanding of UML diagrams, MS Visio, Enterprise Architect;
- Previous experience in leading small teams or Juniors.
THE ATTITUDE WE LIKE
- Team oriented;
- Able to work independently with attention to detail;
- Willing to get the challenge of owning a complex software solution;
- Intellectually curious and lifelong learner;
- Ready to share a joke and a good laugh.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
FLEXIBLE WORKING TIME
Get the optimum work-life balance with flexible working time, tailored to better suit your needs and requirements.
Enjoy some funny moments outside the office and turn your colleagues into teammates by knowing them better.
Work from home or anywhere else you want. Chose your location by yourself, but mind the project and your team.
FLAT COMPANY STRUCTURE
We do not believe in the Flat Earth conception but do believe in the flat hierarchy where everyone is welcome to speak up.
We hire open-minded and unprejudiced people, and together we create an easy-going and welcoming habitat.
COMPETITIVE REMUNERATION PACKAGE
We cater to our employees and offer attractive salaries and additional competitive benefits.
Extra health insurance
Multisport card discount
Fleet management assistant
Home office policy
Flexible work schedules
Project referral bonus
Employee referral bonus
Flat company structure
Team building and activities
Free drinks at the office
“ANY SUFFICIENTLY ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY IS INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM MAGIC.”
Arthur C. Clarke
This is our inspiration – creating visionary technologies and far-sighted experiences. The result is bespoke solutions that free people to access and collaborate efficiently wherever they are, whenever thy need to.