Bianor is an award-winning software development company with more than 20-year experience in implementing custom high-tech solutions for leading companies in technology, media, telecommunications, and defense industry. We have established a positive reputation for a reliable IT services partner that always delivers on time, within budget, and with great ingenuity. Bianor is certified by NATO AQAP 2110 & 2210 and ISO 9001:2015 and has received IT industry awards in Europe and North America.
ABOUT THE ROLE – SENIOR JAVA DEVELOPER
Our team in Sofia designs and implements software solutions for a big broadcast satellite service provider in the USA. We own the complete development life cycle – from planning and requirements gathering to testing, integration, and support. Now we are looking for an
experienced Java Developer.
THE SOFTWARE STACK
- Java and related – Spring, SpringBoot, Hibernate, Groovy/Grails, Gradle, Maven;
- C/C++ for embedded devices;
- Web application front-end built with jQuery and third-party JS libraries;
- MySQL and MongoDB;
- GNU/Linux for development, QA, and production environments;
- Graylog, Grafana.
In your daily work you will:
- Be part of an agile/lean team to expand existing software and build new solutions;
- Apply good practices in the coding of enterprise software in Java;
- Analyze and implement business requirements;
- Write unit tests and support the test automation effort;
- Perform code reviews and support junior members;
- Collaborate with other teammates in cross-functional teams to achieve goals;
- Participate in discussions about priorities and features;
- Participate in communication with stakeholders of the project: customer, team, company;
- Participate in communication with business owners and project managers;
- Work on architectural approaches for the new features and help others to overcome complex issues.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR
You would feel in the right place with us if you:
- Have at least 5 years of professional experience;
- Have a mature understanding of the software development lifecycle;
- Have a good understanding of how web applications work;
- Are confident that you can troubleshoot issues in production and development environments;
- Can listen and understand business requirements and propose technical solutions;
- Are good in verbal and written English;
- If you can show us some code of yours (for example, on GitHub), we’ll be thrilled!
THE ATTITUDE WE LIKE
- Team oriented;
- Able to work independently with attention to detail;
- Willing to get the challenge of owning a complex software solution;
- Intellectually curious and lifelong learner;
- Ready to share a joke and a good laugh.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
FLEXIBLE WORKING TIME
Get the optimum work-life balance with flexible working time, tailored to better suit your needs and requirements.
Enjoy some funny moments outside the office and turn your colleagues into teammates by knowing them better.
Work from home or anywhere else you want. Chose your location by yourself, but mind the project and your team.
FLAT COMPANY STRUCTURE
We do not believe in the Flat Earth conception but do believe in the flat hierarchy where everyone is welcome to speak up.
We hire open-minded and unprejudiced people, and together we create an easy-going and welcoming habitat.
COMPETITIVE REMUNERATION PACKAGE
We cater to our employees and offer attractive salaries and additional competitive benefits.
Extra health insurance
Multisport card discount
Fleet management assistant
Home office policy
Flexible work schedules
Project referral bonus
Employee referral bonus
Flat company structure
Team building and activities
Free drinks at the office
“ANY SUFFICIENTLY ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY IS INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM MAGIC.”
Arthur C. Clarke
This is our inspiration – creating visionary technologies and far-sighted experiences. The result is bespoke solutions that free people to access and collaborate efficiently wherever they are, whenever thy need to.