Technical Lead Defense Projects
We offer a unique professional opportunity for an experienced Java developer to join our team working on defense industry projects. Bianor Services is among the very few software development companies in Bulgaria engaged in the European Defense Industrial Development Programme (EDIDP) and the European Defense Fund (EDF). We work hand in hand with global industry leaders such as Indra, Leonardo, Rheinmetall, and Thales.
Currently, we are undertaking a few new challenging projects:
European strategic command and control system (ESC2);
Comprehensive underwater intervention information system (CUIIS);
Frugal learning for rapid adaptation of AI system (FaRADAI);
Improving cyber defense and incident management with artificial intelligence (EU-GUARDIAN).
ABOUT THE ROLE – TECHNICAL LEAD DEFENSE PROJECTS
As a Technical Lead, you will drive our defense projects forward. You will be responsible for overseeing the engineering team’s performance within the business line together with the Technical Manager, coordinating with key stakeholders, and ensuring the successful execution of strategic objectives. Your expertise in system architecture, software development, and technical leadership will be instrumental in shaping the future of our projects.
In your daily work, you will:
- Supervise the engineering team together with the Technical Manager, ensuring quality work and high performance across projects within the business line.
- Collaborate closely with the Technical Manager and VP of Defense Solutions for strategic planning and execute identified objectives within the operational area.
- Monitor project lifecycle to ensure adherence to approved architectures and resolve any issues.
- Identify and mitigate project risks and dependencies, actively participating in research and development activities.
- Provide technical leadership in developing solution components and architectures, adhering to scalability, reliability, and security requirements.
- Contribute to the definition of solution architectures, integrating necessary components to meet functional and non-functional requirements.
- Have affinity and willingness to work in a document-intense environment. Work with documents and standards such as:
- ANSI/EIA-632 “Processes for Engineering a System”
- MIL-STD-498 software development and documentation
- Requirements engineering
- NATO standards
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR
You would feel in the right place with us if you:
- 6+ years of professional experience with JAVA; knowledge of C/C++ or .NET is considered an advantage;
- Knowledge of C/C++ is considered an advantage;
- Solid experience in leading engineering teams;
- Excellent understanding of System Architecture and broad technical knowledge;
- University degree in Computer Science or Technology;
- Proficiency in UML2, SysML; familiarity with NAF v4 is a plus;
- Knowledge of MIL-STD-498 DIDs and EIA-632 development process;
- Solid knowledge of software coding;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Fluent in English (verbal and written).
THE ATTITUDE WE LIKE
- Team oriented;
- Able to work independently with attention to detail;
- Willing to get the challenge of owning a complex software solution;
- Intellectually curious and lifelong learner;
- Ready to share a joke and a good laugh.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
FLEXIBLE WORKING TIME
Get the optimum work-life balance with flexible working time, tailored to better suit your needs and requirements.
Enjoy some funny moments outside the office and turn your colleagues into teammates by knowing them better.
Work from home or anywhere else you want. Chose your location by yourself, but mind the project and your team.
FLAT COMPANY STRUCTURE
We do not believe in the Flat Earth conception but do believe in the flat hierarchy where everyone is welcome to speak up.
We hire open-minded and unprejudiced people, and together we create an easy-going and welcoming habitat.
COMPETITIVE REMUNERATION PACKAGE
We cater to our employees and offer attractive salaries and additional competitive benefits.
Extra health insurance
Multisport card discount
Fleet management assistant
Home office policy
Flexible work schedules
Project referral bonus
Employee referral bonus
Flat company structure
Team building and activities
Free drinks at the office
“ANY SUFFICIENTLY ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY IS INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM MAGIC.”
Arthur C. Clarke
This is our inspiration – creating visionary technologies and far-sighted experiences. The result is bespoke solutions that free people to access and collaborate efficiently wherever they are, whenever thy need to.