Junior Java Developer at Bianor
Bianor is a recognized authority in video solutions and is dedicated to helping businesses take full advantage of technology. For about 20 years we have been designing and developing unique software solutions for the leading technology, media and telecommunication companies. Bianor employs highly skilled staff in its New York and Sofia offices. The company is NATO AQAP 2110 & 2210 and ISO 9001:2015 certified and has twice been awarded the Innovative Enterprise of the Year Award and the LISA Top Product Award, among other industry recognitions.
About The Role – Junior Java Developer
Our team in Sofia designs and implements software solutions for a big broadcast satellite service provider in the USA. We own the complete development lifecycle – from planning and requirements gathering to testing, integration, and support. In addition, we have various other interesting Java related project to talk about, such as NATO/European Defense projects where we will be developing surveillance and reconnaissance software which will be used for strategic decision making.
In Your Daily Work, You Will:
- Be part of an agile/lean team to expand existing software and build new solutions;
- Learn the key principles of enterprise software development in Java and apply them in a variety of projects;
- Implement business requirements according to specification;
- Write unit tests, perform bugfixes and support the test automation effort;
- Collaborate with other teammates in cross-functional teams to achieve goals;
The Software Stack
- Java Spring/SpringBoot/Groovy-based web applications.
- Web front ends built with and without frameworks.
- MySQL and MongoDB databases.
- GNU/Linux production environment.
What We Are Looking For
You would feel at the right place with us if you are:
- With some practical OOP experience with Java, or other OOP languages and willing to master Java (and working on it!);
- Fast learner who can demonstrate knowledge or at least understanding about:
- Our software stack;
- Advanced Java – working with threads, files, XML/JSON parsing;
- Web services – REST, SOAP, Servlets;
- SQL – basic data retrieval and manipulation;
- A team player, with analytical and problem-solving thinking;
- Intellectually curious personality and lifelong learner;
- Good in verbal and written English;
- Ready to share a joke and a good laugh.
If you can show us some code of yours (for example on Github), we’ll be thrilled!
- Relaxed and friendly environment;
- Home office policy;
- Extra health insurance;
- Employee referral bonus;
- Flat company structure;
- Project referral bonus;
- Teambuilding / Christmas party / Regular office breakfasts;
- Gym membership discounts;
- Free massage in the office / free coffee, milk, tea, fruits.
Home office policy
Flat company structure
Employee referral bonus
Project referral bonus
Extra health insurance
Team building and activities
Flexible work schedules
Regular office breakfast
Multisport card discount
If You Are Interested
Please send your resume to email@example.com!
All shortlisted candidates will be contacted by Bianor representative as soon as possible.
Take The Next Step In Your Professional Growth!
We would be more than happy to have more stars on our team!
Arthur C. Clarke once said, “Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.”
This is our inspiration – creating visionary technologies and far-sighted experiences. The result is technology solutions that free people to access information, work and collaborate efficiently wherever they are, whenever they need to.