Video Streaming Development Services
Over-the-Top (OTT) High-Level Modules
The quality of streaming is a crucial success factor. The way to achieve it is by developing an intelligent streaming infrastructure of servers and applications working in synergy. The infrastructure ensures the stream’s reliability, scalability, and security, as well as compatibility with all end-users digital platforms.
Let’s have a brief overview of OTT high-level modules. In other words, what stays behind the popular abbreviation?
- OTT stands for Over-the-Top – delivery method of film and TV content over the internet whenever we want, across many different devices;
- Frontend applications – Web, Mobile apps, native TV apps, native tablet;
- Content Management System (CMS);
- Backend Servers;
- Cutting tool (Live-to-VOD tool)
- Content Delivery Network (CDN) and Delivery Infrastructure. Click here to learn more about CDN >>>
Multi-screen viewing experience
Bianor delivers a smooth user experience on any device – whether a large-screen TV or a pocket-size mobile gadget – accessibility rules.
Here’s a list of the major OTT-supported devices:
|Web Apps||Mobile Apps||Native TV Apps||Native Tablet Apps|
|Web for Desktop||Android||Android TV||Android Tablet|
|Web for Mobile||Apple||Apple TV||iPad|
|Amazon Fire OS||Roku|
|Amazon Fire TV
Now that you know the major elements of an efficient OTT video streaming platform, you are ready to select your partner. A strong video streaming service development contender would be one that can prove an outstanding track record. On the one hand, on the other, you’d need a flexible, forward-thinking, ready-to-respond partner that will exceed your expectations.
Bianor possesses both – our team has the experience – in the civil and defense sectors. Bianor has completed live video broadcast projects for media and real-time data streaming for aerospace & defense industries alike. In addition, Bianor’s team is always ready to deliver more than you had expected.
Bianor delivers beyond the typical OTT Requirements:
- Scalability (seamlessly handling from 1 to 1,000,000,000 viewers; fast backend scalability. Horizontal auto-scaling of app and data servers with real-time load triggers and vertical scaling to more powerful instances. Multi-CDN with dynamic layout switching);
- Availability (selected range of devices or the whole range of OTT apps);
- Reliability (creating redundancy of all critical paths via satellite downlinks through multiple independent providers; independent video distribution via diverse CDNs helps achieve it);
- Security (backend, HTTPS, API-s security encryption with unique keys, short-lived authorization tokens, user device restrictions, IP, and geo-location. Forensic watermarking applied by real-time tools for live stream leakage protection);
- Integrability (flawless interface to third-party platforms)
OTT Platform Back-End Architecture
An OTT streaming platform consists of multiple modules that constantly interact with each other to ingest, classify and prepare the content for delivery.
Each of the modules has its structure and components. For example, a scalable and efficient CMS delivered by Bianor comprises the following building blocks:
- Media ingestion – Smooth ingestion and media uploading. Automated uploading of various video formats from multiple sources and live feed support. Pre-built metadata connectors to Amazon S3, Microsoft Azure, REST APIs, MRSS, and FTP. Custom integrations via scripting layers and 3rd party SDKs.
- Video Processing – cloud or on-premises encoding, transcoding, and packaging; a broad range of supported formats and adaptive bitrate encoding for optimal delivery to any device on any network. Delivering to the end-user video signal with bit rates from 240p, 360p, 720p, 1080p, to 4K.
- Geographic targeting – the ability to empower geo-blocking options for specific content. This feature comes in very handy when the content owner enforces distribution limitations to some Video-on-Demand (VoD) or live-streaming services.
- Secure Monetization – Integration with trusted online payment operators such as PayPal, and Stripe, in-app purchases with Apple, Google, Roku, and Amazon. Various billing options like SVOD, AVOD, and PPV. Click here to learn more about Video streaming monetization models >>>
- What others often forget – is structured support for the OTT platform. For our clients, Bianor secures 2nd and 3rd-level technical support.
Video Streaming Terms Definition List
- Over-The-Top platforms stream video content over the internet at the request and to suit the requirements of the viewers.
- Adaptive Bitrate Streaming adjusts the quality of the video based on network conditions, intending to improve video streaming over HTTP networks.
- Digital Rights Management is a method of securing digital content to prevent unauthorized use and piracy.
- Content Management System for user management, billing history, authentication and authorization, notifications, etc.
- Content Delivery Network is a geographically distributed group of servers that work together to provide fast delivery of video content.
- Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure includes the Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol for authentication and security purposes. It is widely implemented in browsers and Web servers.
OTT Video Streaming Essentials Fact Sheet
Download Bianor’s OTT Video Streaming Essentials Fact Sheet to learn more about the five most crucial components in video streaming.