Python Developer at Bianor
Bianor is a recognized authority in video solutions and is dedicated to helping businesses take full advantage of technology. For about 20 years we have been designing and developing unique software solutions for the leading technology, media and telecommunication companies. Bianor employs highly skilled staff in its New York and Sofia offices. The company is NATO AQAP 2110 & 2210 and ISO 9001:2015 certified and has twice been awarded the Innovative Enterprise of the Year Award and the LISA Top Product Award, among other industry recognitions.
About The Role – Python Developer
Our team in Sofia designs and implements software solutions for a big broadcast satellite service provider in the USA. We are now hiring for a team which develops testing modules for one of their core systems, used by millions of customers – the set-top box software stack.
The Software Stack
- Proprietary testing framework in Python.
- Linux on the staging and production environments.
- Set-top-boxes based on Linux, which are the testing target.
In your daily work, you will:
- Get acquainted with the documentation and the software stack running on the satellite set-top boxes, in order to design the testing strategy and scenarios.
- Write Python code to automate tests against the software on the STBs.
- Analyze test results and iteratively improve and extend the tests.
- Communicate with US stakeholders.
What We Are Looking For
You would feel at the right place with us if you have:
- Experience with Python.
- Experience with testing software services on API level.
- Experience with troubleshooting software issues.
- Some experience with Linux on user level and some scripting skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
The Attitude We Like
- Team oriented.
- Able to work independently with attention to details.
- Willing to get the challenge of owning a complex software solution.
- Intellectually curious and lifelong learner.
- Ready to share a joke and a good laugh 🙂